IBM WIRELESS LAN MINI-PCI ADAPTER 802.11 A/B/G
· Supports the integrated wireless LED indicator light on the wireless upgradeable ThinkPad notebook.
· Wi-Fi certified (based on the 802.11a/b/g IEEE standard.
· This Type III Mini PCI adapter helps provide: connection flexibility investment protection to your existing 11b WLAN installations and future access point upgrades.
· Dual band access to 802.11a at 5GHz and 802.11b/g at 2.4GHz frequency ranges.
· 802.11b/g supports 11 channels, 3 of which are non-overlapping and has longer transmission range (up to 300 feet vs. up to 150 feet for 802.11a - the actual device range and data transfer speed depend upon many factors and are often less than the maximum possible) 802.11g can deliver high speed wireless connectivity up to 54Mbps when used with an 11g access point---up to almost five times faster than 11b WLAN (11g at up to 54Mbps vs. up to 11Mbps for 802.11b technologies - the actual device range and data transfer speed depend upon many factors and are often less than the maximum possible) 802.11g is backwards compatible with 802.11b access points with transmission speed up to 11Mbps.
· 802.11a technology provides high speed wireless connectivity - up to almost five times faster than 11b WLAN - up to 54Mpbs vs. up to 11Mbps for 802.11b technologies: Supports 11 channels, 8 of which are non-overlapping for outstanding network capacity to support more users Operates on 5GHz frequency band which helps avoid interference from 2.4GHz frequency products (cordless phones, microwaves, Bluetooth, and 802.11b devices).
· Supports Cisco Compatible Extension (CCX) and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) functions: CCX is a Cisco licensed software upgrade allowing the use of Cisco enhanced security features including LEAP technology Drivers are included to operate the adapter User will need to download and install IBM Access Connections v2.7 or higher to set up and activate the CCX controls WPA is a software upgrade for 128-bit Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) encryption to help provide a stronger security solution.
· Backed by renowned IBM Service and Support.
· Also, can be used with the Cisco 1100 and 1200 Access Points, Linksys Dual Band A/G Access Point or the Linksys Dual Band A/G Wireless Broadband Router sold by IBM.
Lenovo IBM WIRELESS LAN MINI-PCI ADAPTER 802.11 A/B/G. Connectiviteitstechnologie: Draadloos, Hostinterface: PCI. Overdrachtssnelheid (max): 54 Mbit/s